Choose a Category
Discount ProgramsPlease call us at (205) 726-4712 for more informationLogin to Download
Engaging in Lobbying & Political ActivityIn promoting public participation in community affairs, charitable nonprofits must be diligent in assuring they do not participate or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office.Login to Download
Advancing Mission Through Public Policy & AdvocacyLogin to Download
- Nonprofits should have a written, board-approved policy on advocacy defining the process by which the organization determines positions on specific issues.
- Working independently and in partnership, nonprofits should strive to influence public policies that affect the organization’s ability to achieve its mission.
Educating and Engaging the PublicLogin to Download
- Information about the organization’s mission, program activities, finances, board members, and staff should be easily accessible, accurate, and timely (i.e., updated at least annually).
- Nonprofits should provide a meaningful opportunity for the public to communicate with a representative of the organization.
- Nonprofits should assure that any educational or advocacy information provided to the media and policy-makers, or distributed broadly, is factually accurate and provides sufficient contextual information to be understood.
Fundraising on Behalf of the OrganizationLogin to Download
- Resource development personnel, including both employees and independent consultants, should not be compensated based on a percentage of the amount raised or other commission formula.
- When using the services of a paid professional fundraising consultant, organizations should only use the services of professional solicitors and fundraising consultants who are properly registered with the appropriate state authorities.
- Organizations should exercise control over any staff, volunteers, consultants, contractors, other organizations, or businesses that are known to be soliciting contributions on behalf of the organization.