Challenges for Leaders of Color
A new report, Trading Glass Ceilings for Glass Cliffs: A Race to Lead Report on Nonprofit Executives of Color, has been published by the Building Movement Project to describe some of these challenges. The key findings include:
- Leaders of color need supports, not more training.
- Leaders of color take on added burdens, without additional compensation.
- Leaders of identity-based organizations face distinct demands.
- Unique challenges come with taking over leadership from white predecessors.
- Too few white leaders factor race equity into their succession plans.
Click HERE to read the report. A free webinar is offered on February 24 from 2:00-3:00 CT by the Building Movement Project. You will learn more about the report’s findings and the work of Black leaders in the nonprofit sector. Register HERE to join the webinar.